Great Lakes K-theory Conference
The third annual Great Lakes Conference will be held April 19-20,
1997 at Northwestern University
in Evanston, IL. The conference is being organized by Eric Friedlander.
The schedule of talks is as follows.
Saturday, April 19:
- 10:30 a.m. Kevin Knudson, Northwestern Univ., "The homology of linear
groups over polynomial and power series rings"
- 2:00 p.m. Marc Levine, Northeastern Univ., "Relating motivic cohomology to
- 4:00 p.m. Vladimir Voevodsky, Northwestern Univ., "On the norm residue
homomorphism K3M ---> H3(--,Z/3)"
Sunday, April 20:
- 9:30 a.m. Mark Walker, Univ. of Nebraska and Northwestern Univ., "A
filtration of K-theory and rational motivic complexes"
- 11:00 a.m. Michael Weiss, Univ. of Notre Dame, "An index theorem for the
algebraic K-theory Stiefel-Whitney class"
A very limited amount of funding is available for local subsistence
(primarily for graduate students). For further information, contact
Eric Friedlander. For information about accomodations in Evanston,
contact Melanie Rubin.