* Colleen Ross: Combinatorial formule for Grothendieck-Demazure and Grothendieck polynomials : Colleen was an REU (Summer 2010).
* Carlos Gomez and Junghye Moon: Application of linear programming methods to determine the best location of concrete dispatch plants : Carlos and Junghye took an honors version of Math 482 (linear programming, Spring 2011). This was their "math in the real world" project.
* Brian Wang and Ran Zhou: Linear Programming in the Community : Brian and Ran took an honors version of Math 482 (linear programming, Spring 2011). This was their "math in the real world" project (they studied food distribution at the Wesley Evening Food Pantry).
* James Dykeman (REU Summer 2011): James studied the question of determining if importance sampling techniques could be used to obtain a fast approximation algorithm for the Littlewood-Richardson coefficient. Further discussion and results are found here .
* Justin Burner (Math 413, Fall 2013): Justin is training to be a high school mathematics teacher. He wrote a piece about his views on Computer Aided proofs (such as the celebrated "A=B" work) here.