Mee Seong Im (SPRING 10-MATH415 P13, Q13 with Hal Schenck)
mim2 (at) math (dot) uiuc (dot) edu
[OR] mim2 (at) illinois (dot) edu
Mailing Address: 250
Altgeld Hall, 1409 West Green Street,
Urbana, IL 61801
223 Illini Hall, 725 South Wright Street, Champaign, IL 61820
Office Phone Number: 001-217-333-1898
Office Hours: 1-2PM on Mondays in 223 Illini Hall
- OFFICE HOUR CHANGES
No office hour on Monday May 10, 2010.
My office hour on Monday May 3, 2010
will be from 12:30PM to 1:30PM in 223 Illini Hall.
My office hour on Monday March 15, 2010 will be from 12:30PM to 1:30PM in 223 Illini Hall.
- HOMEWORK GRADE DISBUTES
- Your HW averages were calculated after dropping the lowest homework
Also all extra credit points are already included in the averages. If you want
to DISBUTE your HW average, send an email to me ( mim2 [at] uiuc [dot] edu )
and include the following info: First and Last name, P13 or Q13, and ALL HW
grades in consecutive order.
Sarah Kim, P13
Include ALL homework grades even if you did not turn in anything
for that assignment. We will then go from there.
Spring 2010 MATH 415 Applied Linear Algebra Class Link (a
link to Hal Schenck's website)
The textbook for MATH415 is Introduction to Linear Algebra (4th Edition)
by Gilbert Strang.
The Linear Algebra course meets in Altgeld Hall in room 245 with Professor Hal Schenck from
January 19, 2009 to May 5, 2010.
Section P13  11:00AM-12:20PM Tuesdays and Thursdays
Section Q13  12:30PM-1:50PM Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Hal Schenck's Office Hours
- Tuesdays 2-3PM in 324 Illini Hall
- Thursdays 2-3PM in 324 Illini Hall
- Mee Seong's Office Hours
- Mondays 1-2PM in 223 Illini Hall
- Tutoring I can give you
a list of good tutors. Ask me.
- Online Physics and Math Help Forum (Great place to ask HW questions
or any other questions relating to math and physics)
Homework: Go to this link.
- Please write your first and last name and your section number
legibly on the front page of your HW set.
- Do the problems in the order that they are
- If anything is illegible, it will be counted as wrong.
- Staple your HW sets together or points will be deducted from that HW
- Contact me if you have any question about the grading.
- HW REGRADE: bring your HW set to my office hour (Mondays 1-2PM in 223 Illini Hall)
and we can go over it then.
- Trig Review: The following four pages consists of a quick review leading to the proofs of
trig addition formulas.
- Law of Cosine and Lagrange's Identity (Law of Sine):
Academic Dishonesty: See Hal's website and syllabus.
Math Tutoring Services